Saturday, June 1, 2013

Virtual Drawer #6: Shanghai Colorways

So I mentioned that I'm in reclusion with color lately...

Clockwise from top left: 1. Coils of  large plastic tubing for I know not what 2. my neighbor's bedsheets hanging below my bedroom window (personal space much?) 3. stacks of plastic tubs  (one of my favorite stripey sights)  4. the bench on our subway line  (line 10) , dubbed by the Shanghai architect/tour guide Spencer Dodington, as the LL line,  the "Lovely Lavender Laowai Line." (Laowai means foreigner & this particular line, passing as it does thru many neighborhoods favored by laowais, seems to carry an disproportionate number of us,) The red part is the "courtesy seat." In a city where commity is often lacking, people are really very conscientious about giving it up for those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment